Monday, February 23, 2009

as time goes by

what is love?
that gives the strangest sensation in your tummy
and dances across your face with every thought
that streams in with the morning beams
and lingers with the twinkling of every star
it flows gently with the tide of every moment
until it crashes onto the sands of calm serenity

this is how we are meant to recognize it...
it is patient and kind
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres
Love never fails..

This is the manner of love I want to know and have in my heart, that I hope realize more and more each day that I breathe in the fragrance of God, and take every opportunity to pour it out again.


1 comment: